About the Role
GENERAL MANAGER’S JOB DESCRIPTION
The General Manager shall perform the following duties in addition to any written or oral instructions from the Regional/District Manager and Home Office personnel:
1. Providing assistance and support to the team of managers of the Facility.
2. Supervising the Assistant and Facility Manager.
3. Direct leasing to new tenants; meeting and greeting customers who stop in for information; selling the features and benefits of the Facility; making certain customers’ questions are answered and that they have been asked for their business.
4. Generally promoting the rental of space by responding to phone calls; marketing to outside businesses; distributing informational leaflets to area businesses and apartment complexes; canvassing prospective tenants by phone and encouraging tenants to help through word-of-mouth efforts.
5. Helping tenants solve problems; taking care of complaints.
6. Handling “local books,” i.e. keeping track of the facts about tenants, such as who is planning to move in or move out and on what dates, who has which unit and which units are vacant, accepting rental payments, and reminding tenants, by phone or written correspondence, to make their payments.
7. Assisting in maintaining the Facility in good condition and good order, keeping the areas clean, taking care of the public facilities, such as the office and restroom, and cleaning any units vacated in an unacceptable condition.
8. Following Home Office instructions to lock out any tenants listed as delinquent in rental payments.
9. Collecting payments in arrears from locked-out tenants; reopening the units when tenants are restored to a current status.
10. Conducting a regular, but unscheduled surveillance of the entire complex at least six times each day, checking that unauthorized persons are not allowed to remain on the premises; keeping an eye on tenants to make sure they do not interfere with each other’s activities.
11. Providing security for the complex by ascertaining that the outside gates are locked and unlocked on schedule and that the computerized security system is on and working properly.
12. Making sure exterior lights and signs function correctly at night.
13. Examining perimeter protection, such as fencing, to see that it is functional; phoning the police or fire department in case of an emergency.
14. Representing the Home Office to the public; creating a favorable image of the entire operation to tenants and prospective tenants, thereby helping accomplish the overall objectives of the Facility.
We are seeking a RESIDENT Property Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for managing a self storage facility in Wichita, Kansas. This full-time position will work about 40 hours per week (normally). YOU CAN GROW WITH THIS COMPANY!!!
Rent/lease storage spaces
Provide GREAT customer service
Perform routine checks of the property
Clean storage units (on occasion)
Make bank deposits
Resolve escalated customer complaints
Follow company policies and procedures
Work together with fellow co-workers and supervisors
MUST have previous experience in retail, customer service, or other related fields
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Ability to fluently read and write English
Ability to lift 20 lbs routinely
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion
MUST be very computer savvy
MUST have a valid Driver's License
MUST have reliable transportation
MUST have a clear/clean criminal background (no felonies or misdemeanors)
MUST be able to work weekends
$12.00 per hour +
Move-in bonuses (per move-in) +
Merchandise sales commission +
Quarterly Revenue Bonuses +
Quarterly Insurance Penetration Bonuses +
On-site residence +
Free electric, gas, water, and trash +
Opportunity for growth from within!
Vacation and personal days
INDIVIDUAL SHOULD HAVE SELF-STORAGE, APARTMENT, OR MANUFACTURED HOUSING EXPERIENCE. Experience in the Rental Car or Rent-To-Own industry is acceptable.
About the Company
Landvest has been recognized, for 20 years, as a Top Self-Storage Operator in the United States. For more about Landvest, please refer to the About Us section our our website.