Manager: Jessica M
Position: General Manager
Tenure: Under one year (this time)
1. How did your career path lead you to Landvest? I started my journey with a storage company in Bronx, NY at the age of 16 and I fell in love with it. I knew that I would want to work in this field and to one day retire from it. I dedicated my last 10 + years In Property Management and wanted to continue my journey in the storage industry.
I began looking online for a storage position in Florida and I found a job opening in Orlando for a General Manager position. I checked the website and read about the company, and thought this would be a perfect fit. Not only do I enjoy working for Landvest, it's also 45 minutes away from Universal Studios; I thought it was a win win!
2. What is the best advice you've received in your career? "Provide the type of customer service you would like to receive and you will always have happy/returning customers" I believe this should be put as a motto somewhere, definitely a true statement!
3. Which experience(s) in your career influenced who you are today? Being promoted to General Manager at 16 had the greatest impact on my career. Given such responsibility at that age, helped me become who i am today. I've learned and experienced so much of the storage industry, from customer service, sales, closing deals and much more.
4. What is your favorite part of your position? I would have to say building a rapport with everyone, and getting to meet new people.
5. What is your least favorite part of your position? Least favorite part of my position, is hearing all the heart breaking stories of customers and their families.
6. If you could only call one member of the Landvest team to answer a question, any question, who would you call and why? I would call Jordan; he is very knowledgeable in all aspects of the company. He is very understanding and provides his help to the best of his ability.
7. Describe the endeavor you are most proud of while being part of the Landvest team? Improving my occupancy within a couple months of working with the company is what I’m most proud of. I almost reached 100% occupancy. It was a very busy summer, with only one unit left to rent a 10x30, I tried so hard! I’m coming for the 100% this year; I’m definitely pulling all the tricks out the hat.
8. What would you tell someone that is thinking about joining the Landvest team? I would highly recommend them! It's a great company to work for. It’s very rare you find a company who cares about their employees; it’s very important. I appreciate You all thanks!
9. If you could have one superpower, what would it be, and why? My superpower would be to cure all sickness, illness, and disabilities. Having to experience the struggle first hand of those with Cerebral palsy, I would love the ability to give them their life back, to be able to walk, talk and just live a normal life. It’s an everyday struggle for the person suffering and their families as well.
10. If money were no object, where would you want to vacation for a week, and why? I would love to travel outside the USA, such as Dubai or Egypt, I would love to experience different cultures and tour the beautiful landmarks.