Our Team Rocks! An interview with Kelly.
MANAGER: Kelly P
LOCATION: Security Self Storage - Dallas, TX
POSITION: General Manager
TENURE: One Year (Dec 2018)
1. How did your career path lead you to Landvest? After a brief retirement in Florida from 30+ years in the commercial real estate industry, I relocated back to Dallas to be close to my children and grandchildren and came across a Landvest job posting. After carefully researching Landvest, I applied and interviewed for a General Manager (GM) position with Jordan Wright. After the interview with Jordan I realized that Landvest was a very professionally run company and wanted to join them in the storage industry.
2. What is the best advice you've received in your career? Work hard, be truthful and remember you are not indispensable in any position. Treat every job you may have like you are the owner.
3. Which experience(s) in your career influenced who you are today? I learned early in my career that hard work pays off. Be professional in all ways by conducting yourself accordingly and equally to all.
4. What is your favorite part of your position? Developing the trust with the tenants of the property while operating the office at or above company standards.
5. What is your least favorite part of your position? Knocks on my front door after office hours.
6. What is the most difficult part of your position? Getting the tenants to pay rent in a timely manner to avoid paying the late fees and other charges.
7. If you could only call one member of the Landvest team to answer a question, any question, who would you call and why? Jordan Wright has always been my main contact since I started with the company, but Mehgan McGehee is becoming my go-to person with any questions. She is very knowledgeable and always quick to assist in any matter.
8. Describe the endeavor you are most proud of while being part of the Landvest team? Maintaining harmony amongst the team here at Skillman and providing our tenants and customers with the best customer service we can give.
9. If you could have one superpower, what would it be, and why? The power to heal. The ability to rid or minor injuries like cuts and bruises, but also help ease the pain of people suffering from serious illnesses. Cancer, Alzheimer's and AIDS would all be history.
10. If money is not object, where is the place you would want to travel to, and stay, for a week? Bora Bora in the South Pacific. Nest tropical climate and cystal clear waters in the world as far as I am concerned.