Our Team Rocks! An interview with Lori!
NAME: Lori M.
LOCATION: Wichita, KS (Home Office)
POSITION: Accounts Payable
TENURE: 12 years
1. What do you do in your spare time?
I don't have a lot of spare time, but when I do, I spend it with family, but most especially with five grandchildren (ages range from 21 - 6 years old).
2. How did your career path lead you to Landvest? I worked in banking (loans) for 10 years and brought my experience to Landvest.
3. What is the best advice you’ve received in your career? Take one day at a time.
4. Which experience(s) in your career influenced who you are today? Probably my job at Southwest National Bank. I worked in overdrafts and had to call people when their account was overdrawn; that brought me out of my shell!!
5. What is your favorite part of your position? That I know exactly what needs to be done. Very black and white!
6. What is your least favorite part of your position? Calling vendors and them not cooperating with me. I just want to pay the bills!
7. What is the most difficult part of your position? Trying to make sure everything gets done on time; it gets easier everyday!
8. If you could only call one member of the Landvest team to answer a question, any question, who would you call and why? Jeff - he is usually great about taking the time and answering questions, plus he is more in tune with my duties.
9. What type of volunteering have your done outside of work? I volunteer for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. I have done telephone work and MDA Lock-up volunteering.
10. What would you tell someone that is thinking about joining the Landvest team? The people are very easy to work with and the environment is pretty relaxed. Everyone understands their role!